Tomorrow, Tuesday April 24, the Senate Transportation Committee could VOTE TO REMOVE $4 million in federal funding from House Bill 2018, thus eliminating the possibility of rail expansion this year.
The following committee members need to hear from you today. They need to understand why funding an in-depth analysis (Project Development) of the expansion of passenger rail from Boston to Manchester is so critical.
Regina Birdsell – 603-271-4151 – Regina.Birdsell@leg.state.nh.us
William Gagnon – 603-271-7803 – (Legislative Aide) – email@example.com
Ruth Ward – 603-271-6733 – Ruth.Ward@leg.state.nh.us
Key reasons to support Project Development funding in HB 2018 as passed by the House of Representatives:
- NH is aging at an alarming rate, reducing workforce and negatively impacting businesses
- HB 2018 would allocate $4 million in federal funding, at zero cost to NH taxpayers
- Approving the Project Development funding in HB 2018 would not compel NH to proceed with building rail
- Project Development would provide the public and policymakers with critical information to make an informed decision
- 74% of NH voters, including more than 125 statewide businesses, support rail expansion
Thank you for your support!