Next Wednesday, May 22, the House Public Works and Highways Committee will be hearing public testimony on Senate Bill 241, which would provide funding for an in-depth analysis of rail expansion.
This phase will provide a detailed analysis of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical aspects, along with a firm financial plan for expanding passenger rail from Boston to Nashua and Manchester.
Here’s how you can show your support:
Testify in support of SB241:
Wednesday, May 22, at 10 a.m.
Legislative Office Building
33 N. State Street
Concord, NH 03301
- RSVP to testify at: email@example.com
Email the House Public Works and Highways Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell them why you support SB241:
Rail would deliver significant economic benefits including:
- 5,600 permanent jobs supporting 3,600 new residential units
- 9 million square feet in real estate development
- 1,730 jobs would be created every year beginning in 2030
- $750 million in real estate development would be added to the state’s output between 2021 and 2030, with reinvested earnings adding another $220 million per year beginning in 2030
- Allows policymakers to obtain all the necessary information they need to make an informed decision on whether they should proceed with rail.
- Federal funds are available to cover the cost of this analysis – no General Fund dollars would be expended
Thank you for your continued support!